Saturday 14 May 2016

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes

Hey guys :)
Today I want to share how I designed my new shoes :) I simply drew on some zentangle patterns, choosing only the ones that resemble flowers and leaves. It looks really complicated but actually isn't. You just need a cheap pair of white shoes and a black waterproof pen.

Materials: 

bright shoes
black waterproof pen

Instructions:


Actually you're not supposed to draw out your designs in pencil first in zentangle art but I'm not a spontaneous person and since this is only my second try, I just had to draw it in pencil first.

Here an overview of the zentangle patterns from my sketch book. I needed them as reference, they're not stuck in my head, yet.

Zentangle Patterns
You should of course come up with your own design that suits you and not just copy mine. But I'll still show you the process of how I did it. It's pretty self-explanatory but I still try to say a couple of things :)

I decided to draw a flower first, starting with the centre. Draw a circle and a larger circle around it. I filled the ring with small circles and made a dot in the centre.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Then draw petals around it. You can make them round or leaf shaped. In between those I made more petals. Into the first layer of petals I drew some lines and just one line with a dot at the end.
Then I started with some leaves. You can make a line first for the stem and then draw on petals. See the start of it at the right side.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
You can draw in lines for the veins and a dot if you like. This pattern is called Flux, in case you want to see some more examples. I also added some vines (Opus) between the leaf pattern.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
At the back of the first shoe I added another flower. Start with two circles again and then draw round petals with lines inside. I then added lines with dots at the end.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
I also added lines between the petals that are shorter. Then you can draw more 'petals' around the lines.
Also make a design at the top. You can go with the stitching of the shoe. Make a line around the stitching  and then half circles. Make a dot inside. Trace around them with another line. I had some more space, so I added some circles.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Trace the other stitching line as well. Make another pattern in between like little lines. Add more patterns on the sides. Like some more leavy/ feathery patterns. This one is called Verdigogh. I drew it on both sides.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Now the next shoe. Here I started with some leaves. First the outlines of the leaves, I have three here but I added two more at the sides. Uneven numbers usually make it more pleasing to the eye. Add another leaf shape inside the first and another very small one. It's pretty to colour the inner leaf in and then you can add some lines on the outer one.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Now time to add some flowers. Draw the centres first again and then the petals. This flower there is called Henna Drum. It's like a daisy and I think it's really pretty but easy to draw. Here is the first layer of petals.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
To make it fuller, I added another layer of petals in between the first one and lines into the petals.
I then added some more vines going upwards.

Bildunterschrift hinzufügen
At the side of the shoe I drew a combination of Zinger and Poke Leaf. With both patterns, you start with the stem. Then for Poke Leaf, just draw a leaf around the stem. For Zinger, draw a ring around the stem. Draw another ring on top which is bigger and repeat. Then draw smaller rings until you come to a point. Make sure that the patterns overlap to make them look pretty.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
On the other side, I drew out flowers. I chose Dyon and Cyme for this. For Dyon, draw out about five curved lines in a star shape (see the one on the right). Connect those with more curved lines (see the third from the right). You can then add some more lines inside the flower (see the one on the left). Cyme is also easy. Draw out a four-petal flower (see second from the right). Add more petals in between the first ones (see third from the left) and make a dot in the middle. You can then draw in some lines (see second from the left).

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Draw in stems underneath the flowers and then leaves. It's prettier if they overlap. I chose to make round petals for the dyon-flowers and pointy ones for the cyme-flowers.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes

At the back of this shoe I also drew out another flower. As before, start with the centre by drawing out circles. Then add the petals. This time I chose some daisy petals.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
You can then fill it with patterns again. The petals got some lines as veins and the inside of the centre some small circles. I drew some more veines to fill the space, too.

Here you can see both shoes from the back.

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
And a picture from the front of both shoes:

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes

Here they are from the side:

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
And from the other side:

Tutorial Zentangle Shoes
Now what do you think? Do you like them? I think, they turned out pretty good for my second attempt :) I mean you can buy shoes like this for a lot of money. But you can just make them yourself :)
Let me know what you think in a comment :)


See you soon


No comments:

Post a Comment